Improve the health & quality of life for women in Bolton. Develop an organisation that is truly person centred. Empower and develop our women. Develop a sufficient, effective, and sustainable Charity, aspiring to the highest standards in everything we do, adopting the following values and principles:
Our Charities portfolio provides a strong infrastructure of community facilities which include:
• Women’s only gym inclusively for women who have lived experience of Domestic Violence, Poor Mental Health, Low Income, Social Isolation, Language and Cultural barriers, Drug and Alcohol Misuse, including quiet sessions for women with learning or physical disabilities.
• Counselling therapies in small groups and 1-1 with bilingual BCP qualified staff.
• Older ladies lounge supporting older ladies with befriending, creative arts, visit to place of interest, reminiscence workshops, health and well-being awareness and support hub. Coffee and Chat sessions.
Our day-to-day operations are managed by our charity senior management team and led by the Chief Executive, who follow a strategic direction given by the Board of Trustees. The board have played a valuable part in the development of the strategic plan, particularly ensuring that the charitable purpose continues to be discharged effectively in delivering its services. The charity works with many key partnerships, local community clubs, Bolton CVS, EMD UK and local sports centres.
The charity recognises that it can make a significant contribution to our partner’s objectives and impact positively upon the lives of the people we serve, through involvement in gym exercise sessions and recreational activities by:
• Improving the enjoyment of life, health, and well-being
• Increasing the number of people taking part in physical activity
• Contributing towards the delivery of Bolton Arts and Culture Strategy
• Contributing towards tackling Domestic Abuse and Violence through the provision of a women’s day center where women who are living in coercive family lives can come and have breakaway time access support and take part in various activities, access our work club and volunteer opportunities.
• Encourage a life-long learning approach through work club, work placement, English, Math, and IT classes.
The Charity has developed a strong working partnership with the community and other statutory organisations. The Charity is committed to a comprehensive modernisation of its services over the next 3 years to ensure it provides accessible physical activity programs, mental and emotional health support and help women build better opportunities for themselves and their family. The Charity has identified the following key target groups to work with in order to increase levels of participations: Disabled people; Older people 50+; Low-income families; Inactive people and people who do not speak English.
Changing Life Directions Vision:
“I have spent 21 years of my life looking after the family, now I go to the center every day for 3 hours, it’s a life-line, I go in the gym for 40 mins, have a brew then do some crafts of help out with tidying up, it’s like home but being able to do what I like and not being controlled all day.” Mrs. S age 54