Our Events and Activities
About Our Events and Activities
At Changing Life Directions, we aim at supporting the community by providing events and activities that will help in improving the wellbeing of people going through mental health issues within the community.
We currently provide various types of exciting events and activities, such as;
- Health and Wellbeing awareness
- Dementia awareness sessions/training courses
- Mix of coffee and luncheon clubs
- Men’s Well-Being Hub
- And much more…
Our weekly Yoga sessions are to women get physically fit and help promote good metal health. Sessions are delivered by a fully trained Yoga Teacher.
- Improving nutrition and healthy eating
- Coping with stress and anxiety
- Building family resilience.
Dementia Awareness Sessions/Training Courses
Our Projects Supporting People with Dementia includes;
- Dementia Friends Awareness Sessions
- Confidence Building/Assertiveness’ sessions and Building family Resilience’s
- Therapeutic Programme, Arts and Crafts, Reminiscence & Well-being at our at our Café’.
Although this project targets the South Asian Community, it does not restrict any other community or service from taking part.
Weekly Swimming for Ladies Only
Swimming sessions are for our older ladies with health issues such as joint problems, diabetes, dementia or have low self-esteem, anxiety and depression.
Mix of Coffee and Luncheon Clubs
Giving people who may be elderly or feel isolated the opportunity to get out of the house, and enjoy social contact with others as well as take part in a range of activities.
Face Mask Therapy Session
This creative therapy encourages women to focus on these sessions, is to help tackle issues which can lead to stress and anxiety with users working to develop;
- A better sense of self-awareness – working on their core values and beliefs
- Exploring some of the challenges men face in society today
- Exploring the importance of self-care and self-care practice.
Sessions delivered by fully trained counsellor and working within the guidelines of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Building Better Futures
Wellbeing Café for women who need support with domestic issues and single parenting.
We are supporting Black and Minority Ethnic women and their children who are experiencing domestic violence and harmful practices through a cultural and language appropriate confidential service.
Other services we provide includes
- Art Therapy
- Film Club
- Chess Club
- English/Maths and Computer Skills
- Work Skills
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Walking Football
- 1-1 counselling service
- Learn new skills
- Volunteer opportunities
- Support as and when needed in accessing health care services.
- Work experience.
- Basic English, Maths and Computer skills
- Creative Arts
- Music Therapy
To learn more about our upcoming events, classes and activities; feel free to give us a call on